You are here
Cameroon has 12 regions, two of which are associated with the British legacy system (Nord-Ouest and Sud-Ouest) and ten with the French legacy system. EPDC assumes that school structure distribution coincides with this delineation, which would mean that approximately 85% of the 2004 school aged population are associated with the Francophone system structure. For simplicity sake, EPDC uses the 6-4-3 structure for all regions in DHS extractions. UIS treats the entire country as having a 6-4-3 structure.
Among other data sources, unique EPDC data collections for Cameroon include household survey data from ECAM (2001), DHS (2003, 2004, 2011), MICS (2000 & 2006), Ministry of Education (2003-2004), National Institute of Statistics (2010), indicators derived from UIS data, and learning outcomes data including PASEC (2005).
For an overview of current education conditions in Cameroon, please view our education profiles.
Last updated: 3/2014
- Educational Inequality within Countries: Who are the Out of School Children?
- Efficiency: A Study of Promotion-, Repetion- and Dropout Rates among Pupils in Four Age-groups in Sub-Saharan Africa
- What Does History Teach Us in Achieving UPE and UPC for Education for All 2015?
- Wealth Still Matters: A Study of Wealth Differentials in Primary School Attendance from 1990-2006 in Developing Countries
- Thoughts on an Early Childhood Care and Education Index
- Global Educational Trends
- The Extent and Impact of Non-formal Education in 28 Developing Countries
- How (Well) is Education Measured in Household Surveys?
- School Attendance and Enrolment - Global trends and projections
- Pupil Performance and Age: A Study of Promotion, Repetition and Dropout Rates Among Pupils in Four Age Groups in 35 Countries
- Regional Poverty Rates and School Attendance Differentials
- School Fee Abolition: Teachers’ Voices
- School Fee Abolition: Impact on Learning and Persistence
- International Problem Solving through Distance Learning
Search for data related to this Country by selecting the dimensions that you want to include in your results. The selection of the years will trigger a process to show you the number of results on your search according to the selected criteria. Switch to the Advanced Search if you want to include more dimensions in your search criteria.Switch to Advanced Search