You are here
Madagascar is in the process of overhauling its educational system. For example, although the law provides for compulsory pre-primary education beginning at age 3, this has not yet been put into effect. Also, a plan to transition to 7 years of primary school was postponed as of 2009.
In 2004, the 6 provinces of Madagascar were subdivided into 22 divisions. Data from the 2004 DHS dataset are disaggregated into the 6 provinces whereas data from the 2008 DHS are disaggregated into the 22 divisions.
Among other data sources, unique EPDC data collections for Madagascar include administrative data from the Ministry of Education (2003-2006, 2008, 2010-2011), household survey data from DHS (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009), MICS (2000), indicators derived from UIS data, and learning outcomes data including PASEC (2005).
Last updated: 3/2014
- Efficiency: A Study of Promotion-, Repetion- and Dropout Rates among Pupils in Four Age-groups in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Estimating the Costs of Achieving Education for All in Low-Income Countries
- What Does History Teach Us in Achieving UPE and UPC for Education for All 2015?
- Wealth Still Matters: A Study of Wealth Differentials in Primary School Attendance from 1990-2006 in Developing Countries
- Universal Basic Education: A Progress-based Path to 2025
- Thoughts on an Early Childhood Care and Education Index
- Global Educational Trends
- The Shrinking Urban-Rural School Attendance Gap 1990-2006
- How (Well) is Education Measured in Household Surveys?
- Sub-national Disparities in Learning
- School Attendance and Enrolment - Global trends and projections
- Pupil Performance and Age: A Study of Promotion, Repetition and Dropout Rates Among Pupils in Four Age Groups in 35 Countries
- Regional Poverty Rates and School Attendance Differentials
- Teenage, Married, and Out of School: Effects of early marriage and childbirth on school dropout
Search for data related to this Country by selecting the dimensions that you want to include in your results. The selection of the years will trigger a process to show you the number of results on your search according to the selected criteria. Switch to the Advanced Search if you want to include more dimensions in your search criteria.Switch to Advanced Search