You are here
Nepal is transitioning to a proposed education structure in which basic education is comprised of grades 1-8 and secondary education is comprised of grades 9-12. National administrative sources often provide education data according to both the current (5-7) structure and the proposed (8-4) system. Administrative data in the EPDC website has been collected according to the current 5-7 education structure.
UIS has consistently classified the school structure in Nepal as having a 5-3-4 structure.
Among other data sources, unique EPDC data collections for Nepal include administrative data from the Ministry of Education (2003, 2004, 2008 - 2011), household survey data from DHS (2001, 2006, 2011), LSS (2003), and indicators derived from UIS data.
For an overview of current education conditions in Nepal, please view our education profiles.
Last updated: 4/2014
- Educating the World's Children: Patterns of Growth and Inequality
- Educational Inequality within Countries: Who are the Out of School Children?
- What Works in Expanding School Participation
- Estimating the Costs of Achieving Education for All in Low-Income Countries
- What Does History Teach Us in Achieving UPE and UPC for Education for All 2015?
- Wealth Still Matters: A Study of Wealth Differentials in Primary School Attendance from 1990-2006 in Developing Countries
- Universal Basic Education: A Progress-based Path to 2025
- Global Educational Trends
- How (Well) is Education Measured in Household Surveys?
- Primary Completion Rates
- School Attendance and Enrolment - Global trends and projections
- Pupil Performance and Age: A Study of Promotion, Repetition and Dropout Rates Among Pupils in Four Age Groups in 35 Countries
- Using Opportunity to Learn and Early Grade Reading Fluency to Measure School Effectiveness in Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nepal
- School Effectiveness: Improving the Use of Financial Investments in Education
- Using Opportunity to Learn and Early Grade Reading Fluency to Measure School Effectiveness in Nepal
- EQUIP2 Final Report
- Opportunity to Learn: A high impact strategy for improving educational outcomes in developing countries
Search for data related to this Country by selecting the dimensions that you want to include in your results. The selection of the years will trigger a process to show you the number of results on your search according to the selected criteria. Switch to the Advanced Search if you want to include more dimensions in your search criteria.Switch to Advanced Search